01 May 2007

Bisons for Obama

Well, the political arena is heating up. The debates have begun; we've had the first Democratic one, and the first Republican one is coming up in just a few days. People are starting to take interest and get involved.

I am actually very excited to say that I'm doing the same. This will be my first presidential election to vote in, and I'm really anxious to take part and be involved.

I went to a meeting for Bisons for Obama tonight, and I've started to get excited about campaigning for Barack Obama. I've been continuing my research, and just to start with, something that encourages me most about, besides his personality and speaking capabilities, is his willingness to move across party lines in order to get things done. He, like many others, has spoken about changing the extreme partisanship in Washington, but unlike some others, he has made strides toward making it happen. He's been involved in a few different projects that have paired him with Republicans, and those projects have had positive results. I think working to decrease the strict party lines is an admirable goal.

Also, SelectSmart rates Obama as a 72% match for me, the highest of any candidate. While I know an online quiz is by no means authoritative, it's nice to see that he and I think along the same lines.

I encourage you all to start doing your research for the 2008 election, and to take time to get to know what kind of candidate Barack Obama is.

No comments: